The Arsenal Invincibles is one of the most talked-about teams in the history of the Premier League and Football in general. Now, we’ll take an in-depth look at the stats and numbers behind this Arsenal Invincibles.
However, before going further, it is important to have a background overview of this incredible team.
Who Are The Arsenal Invincible?
The Arsenal Invincibles are the 2003/04 Arsenal team that won the Premier League title undefeated under the stewardship of Arsene Wenger.
Prior to their astonishing achievement, no Premier League team had ever gone a whole season (in the PL) without defeat. They were the first and the only team… so far.
The Invincible Squad Details
Here is a list of every single player in the Invincible Squad and their basic details for that season.
|SN||Name||Nationality||PL Apps||Apps (All comp.)||Position||Then Age|
|1||Jens Lehmann||German||38||47||GK||35 years|
|2||Thierry Henry||French||37||48||FW||27 years|
|3||Kolo Toure||Ivorian||37||48||DEF||23 years|
|4||Robert Pires||French||36||45||RM||31 years|
|5||Sol Campbell||English||35||38||DEF||30 years|
|6||Gilberto Silva||Brazilian||33||39||DM||27 years|
|8||Ashley Cole||English||32||35||LB||24 years|
|9||Freddie Ljungberg||Sweedish||30||39||CM||27 years|
|11||Patrick Vieira||French||29||34||DM||28 years|
|12||Dennis Bergkamp||Dutch||28||39||SS||35 years|
|13||Ray Parlour||English||25||27||CM||31 years|
|14||Pascal Cygan||French||18||23||CB||30 years|
|15||Jose Antonio Reyes||Spanish||13||22||RW||16 years|
|16||Gael Clichy||French||12||16||LB||19 years|
|17||Sylvain Wiltord||French||12||12||RM||30 years|
|18||Nwankwo Kanu||Nigerian||10||12||SS||28 years|
|19||Martin Keown||English||10||10||DEF||38 years|
|20||Jeremie Aliadiere||French||10||10||ST||21 years|
|21||Justin Hoyte||English||1||3||RB||20 years|
|22||David Bentley||English||1||1||RM||20 years|
|23||Cesc Fabregas||Spanish||0||8||CM||17 years|
|24||Jermaine Pennant||English||0||7||RM||21 years|
|25||Mathieu Flamini||French||0||5||CM||20 years|
|26||Robin van Persie||Dutch||0||3||RW||21 years|
|27||Oleg Luzhny||Ukrainian||0||2||RB||36 years|
|28||Igor Stepanovs||Latvian||0||2||DEF||28 years|
|29||Giovanni van Bronckhorst||Dutch||0||2||LB||29 years|
|30||Ryan Garry||English||0||1||DEF||21 years|
|31||David Seaman||English||0||1||GK||41 years|
|32||Stuart Taylor||English||0||1||GK||24 years|
|33||Stathis Tavlaridis||Greek||0||1||DEF||24 years|
Consider Reading: What Is Apps In Soccer Stats? 16 Other Abbreviations Explained
The Arsenal Invincibles Stats in The Premier League
Although there are many stats around the Arsenal Invincibles, we’ll only highlight key statistics for the 2003/04 Premier League season since they achieved this historic feat in the Premier League.
- Thierry Henry was Arsenal’s highest Goal Scorer with 30 goals in the Premier League as they completed their Invincible win. The Frenchman went ahead to win the PFA Players’ Player of The Year Award
- 3 Arsenal Player won the Player of Month award in the 2003/04 Premier League campaign. Henry won it 2 times while Edu and Freddie Ljungberg shared the accolade in February 2004.
- Arsenal’s biggest win margin that Premier League season is 5-0 trashing on Leeds.
- The Arsenal Invincibles defeated Liverpool home and away in the 2003/04 Premier League season.
- Arsenal drew 12 of their 38 games – that’s about 31.6% of their Premier League matches that season.
- After winning 26 matches in the Premier League (the most in the League), the Invincibles had a win ratio of 68.4%.
- The Invincibles won the League by 11 points – Almost the same amount of points they got from their drawn matches.
- No other Premier League team scored more than the Invincibles. With 73 goals, they were 7 goals better than their closest rival – Chelsea.
2003/04 Premier League Table As Arsenal Invincibles Won
The Arsenal Invincibles 2003/04 Other Competitions Roundup
Here, we’ll take a look at how the Invincibles fared in other competitions apart from the Premier League.
Arsenal went as far as the Semifinal in the League Cup only to be defeated by Middlesbrough 3-1 after a fiercely contested two-legged match.
UEFA Champions League
Arsene Wenger’s Invincibles won their UEFA Champions League Group although it was very tight.
Read Also: How The UCL Draws Are Done
Furthermore, the Invincibles progressed to the Quarter Final of the Champions League where they narrowly lost out to Chelsea 3-2 on aggregate.
Consider Reading: All Time Merseyside Derby Stats: Summarized Data Analysis
There is no doubt the Arsenal Invincibles achieved the impossible and the stats are there is anyone to be convinced.
While we all believe that this team is great and deserves respect, some sections of Premier League fans think another Premier League team deserves more praise.
Manchester United 07/08 Champions League winning team was voted the best Premier League team of all time ahead of Arsenal’s Invincibles.
Whatever the case is for you, the fact still remains that only the Invincibles have won a Premier League title undefeated and the surrounding stats are right here to believe how incredible the team was.
- Why Manchester United Chose Erik Ten Hag: 6 Key Reasons
- Footballers Who Never Had A Red Card In Their Career
- Revealed: Why Aubameyang Left Arsenal For Barcelona
- The Best Premier League Center-Backs Ever
- Worst Arsenal Signings: The Top 10 Biggest Arsenal Flops