When we think of iconic Barcelona best players, names like Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta often come to mind. However, there’s one player whose contributions to the club have been equally remarkable yet perhaps not as celebrated: Sergio Busquets. As an integral part of Barcelona’s success over the years, Busquets has left an indelible mark on the team’s history. This blog post delves into the fascinating world of Sergio Busquets’ Barcelona stats, uncovering the numbers that genuinely highlight his incredible career.
On a memorable day in September 2008, when Barcelona faced Racing Santander, Sergio Busquets took his first steps onto the Camp Nou pitch.
From that moment, it became evident that Barcelona had unearthed a true gem. Busquets’ unparalleled ability to read the game, execute astute interceptions, and distribute the ball with pinpoint accuracy quickly established him as an irreplaceable figure in the heart of Barcelona’s midfield.
While his contributions may not always make the headlines, the significance of his role cannot be understated.
In exploring Sergio Busquets’ Barcelona stats, we shed light on the numbers that illustrate his greatness. We examine his appearances, playing time, goals, assists, and disciplinary records across various competitions.
Furthermore, we dive into his accumulated trophies at Barcelona, shedding light on his impressive silverware collection.
Join this statistical journey as we uncover the untold story behind Sergio Busquets’ Barcelona career.
Prepare to be amazed by the numbers that underpin his legendary status and gain a newfound appreciation for his immense contributions to the club’s success.
Summary of Key Sergio Busquets Barcelona Stats
- Busquets received a total of 177 yellow cards in his Barcelona career. On average, he received a yellow card every 307 minutes played.
- Considering the total appearances in each competition, Busquets had an average of 3.1 appearances for every Copa del Rey match, 4.7 for every Champions League match, and 2.5 for every La Liga match.
- Busquets had a goal contribution (goals + assists) every 28.3 appearances for Barcelona in all competitions.
- With a total of 719 appearances, Busquets received a yellow card in approximately 24.6% of the matches he played for Barcelona.
- Busquets appeared in international competitions (Champions League, Europa League, Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup) every 8.7 matches for Barcelona.
- Based on the given data, Busquets scored a goal every 3,027 minutes played for Barcelona in all competitions.
- Busquets provided an assist every 1,211 minutes played for Barcelona in all competitions.
- Busquets won a European competition (Champions League or Europa League) in every 129 appearances in these tournaments.
- Busquets won a domestic cup (La Liga or Copa del Rey) in every 27.9 appearances he made in these competitions.
- With only one red card in his Barcelona career, Busquets received one in just 0.14% of the matches he played for the club. (Compare a list of players who never had red card in their career.)
- Busquets received a yellow card in 25% of the Supercopa matches he played for Barcelona.
- Based on the total number of appearances across all competitions, Busquets won a trophy with Barcelona every 75.7 matches he played.
- Busquets won the Spanish Super Cup, Spanish Cup, and Spanish League titles in three seasons: 2010/11, 2016/17, and 2018/19. This highlights his versatility and impact across multiple domestic competitions.
- Sergio Busquets played a significant role in two seasons where Barcelona clinched both the UEFA Super Cup and the Champions League. This occurred in the seasons 2010/11 and 2014/15, showcasing his success in European competitions.
- Busquets was part of the historic Barcelona team that achieved the treble (winning the domestic league, domestic cup, and Champions League) in the 2008/09 season. This exceptional achievement solidified Barcelona’s dominance both domestically and in Europe.
- Sergio Busquets contributed to Barcelona’s consecutive FIFA Club World Cup victories in 2009, 2011, and 2015, showcasing the team’s global success during his tenure.
- In the 2008/09 season, Barcelona won the Champions League without suffering a single defeat throughout the entire tournament. Busquets played a significant role in this historic achievement, contributing to Barcelona’s unbeaten campaign.
- During Busquets’ time at the club, Barcelona won the Spanish League title in four consecutive seasons from 2008/09 to 2011/12. This dominant period showcased the team’s consistency and Busquets’ crucial role in their success.
Sergio Busquets Barcelona Stats By Competition
|Competition||Appearance||Goals||Assists||Yellow Card||Second Yellow card||Red card||Minutes|
|Copa del Rey||77||1||1||17||–||–||6.194′|
|Club World Cup||5||1||1||–||–||–||439′|
|UEFA Super Cup||3||–||1||1||–||–||167′|
Sergio Busquets, the midfield maestro, has etched his name in Barcelona’s history books with remarkable performances throughout his career. Let’s delve into the essential statistics highlighting his impact at the club.
In La Liga, Busquets boasts an impressive 478 appearances, demonstrating his unwavering commitment and longevity. While scoring 11 goals, his true value lies in his playmaking abilities, evidenced by 35 assists. Moreover, his defensive prowess is evident from the 127 yellow cards he has received, showcasing his tenacity in breaking up opposition plays.
In the Champions League, Busquets has been a vital cog in Barcelona’s success. With 129 appearances, he has contributed 4 goals and 7 assists, proving his versatility as a midfield enforcer. While accumulating 25 yellow cards and a solitary red card, his disciplined approach ensures a solid defensive foundation.
Busquets’ impact in domestic cup competitions is significant. In the Copa del Rey, he has played 77 matches, scoring 1 goal and providing 1 assist.
Similarly, he showcased his defensive prowess in the Supercopa with 20 appearances and 5 yellow cards.
On the European stage, Busquets has left his mark. In the Europa League, his 7 appearances yielded 1 goal and 2 assists, highlighting his ability to perform at the highest level.
Additionally, his 5 appearances in the Club World Cup resulted in 1 goal and 1 assist, exemplifying his global impact. In the UEFA Super Cup, he contributed 1 goal and 1 assist across 3 appearances.
Sergio Busquets’ Barcelona stats unveil an exceptional midfielder who combines defensive tenacity, playmaking vision, and longevity. His contributions to key competitions have been instrumental in Barcelona’s success.
As we reflect on his illustrious career, the numbers speak volumes about his invaluable presence on the pitch.
Sergio Busquets Trophy Stats With Barcelona
|Spanish Super Cup||08/09, 10/11, 11/12, 13/14, 16/17, 18/19, 22/23||7|
|Spanish Cup||08/09, 11/12, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 20/21||7|
|UEFA Super Cup||09/10, 11/12, 15/16||3|
|Spanish League||08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 12/13, 14/15, 15/16, 17/18, 18/19||8|
|FIFA Club World Cup||09, 11, 15||3|
|Champions League||08/09, 10/11, 14/15||3|
With an astonishing 31 trophies to his name, Busquets has been a key architect of Barcelona’s remarkable success over the years. From domestic dominance to conquering Europe and beyond, his trophy cabinet is a testament to his exceptional contributions on the field.
Picture this: Busquets lifting the Spanish Super Cup on not one, not two, but a staggering seven occasions! His heroics in the seasons 08/09, 10/11, 11/12, 13/14, 16/17, 18/19, and 22/23 have left an indelible mark on the competition’s history. Each victory represents a triumph of determination and skill.
But wait, there’s more! The Spanish Cup has also been a happy hunting ground for Busquets, as he has savoured victory an equal number of times—seven! The seasons 08/09, 11/12, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, and 20/21 witnessed his magic unfold on the grandest stage.
Not content with dominating the Spanish stage, Busquets has spread his wings across Europe. The UEFA Super Cup has been his playground, with three resounding victories in the seasons 09/10, 11/12, and 15/16. Each triumph is a testament to his unwavering spirit and unmatched talent.
And let’s not forget the crowning glory of continental football—the Champions League. Busquets has ascended to the pinnacle of European glory three times, capturing the prestigious trophy in the seasons 08/09, 10/11, and 14/15. With each victory, he etched his name into the annals of football history.
But it doesn’t end there. Busquets’ insatiable hunger for triumph extends to the global stage. The FIFA Club World Cup has witnessed his unmatched prowess, as he clinched the trophy on three occasions—2009, 2011, and 2015. The world became his stage, and he left an indelible mark wherever he went.
Busquets’ trophy haul stands at a mind-boggling 31, a testament to his greatness and unwavering commitment to excellence. His contributions have shaped Barcelona’s legacy, and his name will forever be etched in the club’s folklore.
Sergio Busquets’ Barcelona stats speak volumes about his exceptional skills and influence on the pitch. With 719 appearances across various competitions, he has showcased his unwavering commitment and longevity.
His 18 goals and 45 assists highlight his significant contributions to Barcelona’s attacking prowess. Moreover, his 177 yellow cards, 2 second yellow cards, and 1 red card demonstrate his tenacity and defensive prowess.
The total of 54,499 minutes spent on the pitch is a testament to his enduring presence and dedication to the club. Sergio Busquets’ Barcelona stats are a testament to his remarkable achievements and lasting impact on the team.
- Guardiola’s Champions League Stat Breakdown
- Barcelona MSN Stats and Breakdown
- Why Iniesta Is The Best Midfielder Ever
- Pep Guardiola vs Carlo Ancelotti H2H Stats
- Jose Mourinho vs Guardiola H2H Stats